- Doctor in Engineering Sciences specialisation in Fluid Dynamics (November, 2009), Faculty of Physical Sciences and Mathematics, University of Chile, Chile. Advisors: Prof. Yarko Niño and Prof. Gerhard H. Jirka. Thesis developed in collaboration with the Institute for Hydromechanics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany.
- Civil Engineer, specialisation in Hydraulics and Environmental Engineering, graduated with distinction (2001). University of Concepción, Chile.
- Bachelor in Engineering Sciences (1999). University of Concepción, Chile.
- Certificate in Learning and Teaching (2011-2014). University of Sheffield, United Kingdom.
- Fellow of The Higher Education Academy, United Kingdom.