Awards, Grants and others
- Best Reviewer Award - Journal of Hydraulic Research, Awarded at the world congress of the International Association of Hydraulic Research (IAHR), (2015)
- Faculty of Engineering Award for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, The University of Sheffield. United Kingdom. 2012/13.
- Sochid Prize of Hydraulics, given every two years by the Chilean Society of Hydraulic Engineering to the best graduate in Hydraulic Engineering from Chilean universities, 2003.
- Manuel Mondrus Award, for best student in the Engineering courses of the graduates in 2001, Department of Civil Engineering, University of Concepción, Chile.
- CONYCIT Scholarship for Ph.D. Studies, National Commission of Scientiﬁc and Technological research, Chile, 2004-2007.
- Integrated DAAD/CONICYT scholarship for joint research studies at the University of Karlsruhe, Germany, 2007.
- VII Fondequip program - Fondecyt (ID: EQM180150). Implementación de un sistema de medición óptico para fortalecer la investigación interdisciplinaria en procesos acoplados físicos, químicos y biológicos. (CLP $ 309.831.294 or approx USD $ 450000)
- Quantification of the influence of geometry on the flow developed over and through fractal and non-fractal groups of obstacles. EP/L026457/1. Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC). $ 209014 (£ 124,949). PI
- Experimental and numerical investigation of pluvial flood flows and pollutant transport at and between system interface points. EP/K040405/1. Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC). (£ 654996). CO-I, PI: Dr James Shucksmith.
- Instrumentation Grant for Small scale equipment, Cross-Disciplinary Image Processing in Civil and Structural Engineering, Funded by the Engineering and Physical Research Council, PI, £ 49660. 2011
- Instrumentation Grant for small scale equipment, Sheffield Fluid Mechanics Group, Funded by the Engineering and Physical Research Council, Pi: Chris Keylock, £ 50000. 2011
- Yorkshire Water . £ 27098. Project 132296-11, 2011.
- Shallow Dead Zone Dynamics, German National Science Foundations (Deutsche ForschungsGemeinschaft, DFG), Grant JI 18/18-1, together with GH Jirka, 2008-2010.
- United Kingdom - Royal Society grant for international mobility “Automated detection of solar vortices with proper orthogonal decomposition (UK-Chile)” together with the University of Sheffield: Dr Gary Verth (Applied Mathematics) and Viktor Fedun (Automatic control and systems engineering), Co-Investigator
- Member of REDES Project Nr. 170021. (CONICYT) on supercritical scouring.
Contributions to peer review process
Contributions to peer review process
- Journal Reviewer
- Experiments in Fluids (Springer)
- Journal of Fluid Mechanics (Cambridge)
- International Journal of Multiphase flows
- Environmental Fluid Mechanics (Springer)
- Journal of Hydraulics Research (International Association for Hydro-Environment Engineering and Research)
- Water Resources Research (American Geophysical Union)
- Journal of Hydro-environment research (Asia-Pacific division International Association of Hydraulics Research)
- Water Management (Institution of Civil Engineers, United Kingdom)
- European Journal of Environmental and Civil Engineering
- Member of Scientific Committee, XXVI Latin-American Conference of Hydraulics, IAHR (International Association of Hydraulics Research)
- Reviewer 37th IAHR World Congress, 2017, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Associate Editor
- Revista Facultad de Ciencias Exactas, Fisicas y naturales, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Argentina.
- Since 2018. Member of the Steering Committee of the Special interest group on “Synthetic Models in Turbulence “ of the European Community for Turbulence Flow and Combustion (ERCOFTAC) (https://www.ercoftac.org/special_interest_groups/42_synthetic_models_in_turbulence/people/)
- Member of the European Mechanics Society (Euromech)
- Member of the International Association of Hydro-environmental Engineering and Research, IAHR.
- Former Member of the UK-IAHR leadership committee.